Eli S. Parker

While deciding which antique piece I would take to a women's group for a free appraisal, I happened on another little gem.  It was one of those things we tuck away for safe keeping until we get around to putting it in its proper place.  There in hiding was a somewhat brittle, folded piece of newspaper.

Well, well, well!  Look what I have, here!


Eli Parker was a distant relative of my adopted mother, Esther Blueye. If I remember correctly, Eli was a great uncle. I couldn't find a copy of the family tree she documented for me.










From my understanding, I believe he married, though he never had children.


We've always been proud that one of our relatives has left such a legacy for the Parker family, Senecas, and Native Americans everywhere.









This video documentary is quite informative.  I've used it several times over the years in the classroom as a supplement to lessons on Native Americans.

No comments: